Gearbox Cover Removal
|Central floor removed
|Jacking system in place
|Packed up with wood blocks
|Poles inserted underneath the cover
Once the cover had been lifted high enough, poles were rolled underneath and the cover lowered onto them. The cover could then be slid sideways to sit on the floor at the left-hand side of the cab.
|The gearbox mechanism
The above picture shows the gearbox assembly. From left to right, the main components are :-
- The output gear to the forward/reverse box.
- The input gear from the drive shaft in the gearbox casing.
- Fast gear clutch operating ring.
- Medium/Slow gear clutch operating ring.
- Drum containing the clutch plates.
- Gears providing the different ratios. The lay gear for this can be seen underneath.